Thanks for clicking the link! I think we should get some things out in the open right now:
- This is a very new website which means that traffic isn't very high (114 average page views a day for December as of December 15th 2016).
- The website isn't generating any money, which shouldn't be surprising since there are no ads but that means this can't be a paid posting.
- The stories will be posted in html on the website, which means there is no type of DRM control. Anyone that reads the page will be able to copy and paste the story.
Even though there won't be any direct monetary compensation, that doesn't mean you won't benefit from posting a short story here, especially if you are an independent author like me. The idea of having guest posts like this is that we can help each other attract attention in an increasingly diluted field while giving our readers valuable content to decide if they like us as authors without having to make the full commitment of reading a novel. The truth of the matter is, we need to give readers a reason to want to buy our paid content, they won't just buy a novel/book because there is something inherently special about us.
The short stories should be:
- Under 3500 words, preferably between 500 to 2000*.
- Without excessive profanity
- Not erotic fiction
- High Quality (but not publication grade, if you could get money for a short story from somewhere, you should publish it there.)
* I will look at stories over 3500 words but in order to keep the functionality of this website, I will need to be able to break up the work into multiple sections I can post a few days apart. For example if you send me a 5,000 word story I will need to be able to break it into one 3,000 and one 2,000 word story.
What you should include for the page:
- Story Title
- Your Name/Pen Name
- Preface (optional)
- The short story
- Where to read more of your work (e.g. personal website, Goodreads page, Amazon product page, Facebook page, Twitter page, etc etc)
If your work is posted please:
- Link your short story on your website.
- Let your fans know on social media
If you'd like to make a guest post short story for this website, you can reach me using the contact me page or email me at email@example.com . Please don't attach any files to your email, please just put any text in the body of the email.